Since the start HB Products has been an ambitious company that strives to develop the best products to our customers. Our ambitions have led to us being the global company we are today, with more than 38 distributors across the world.
We therefore consider it a natural part of our business strategy to take an ambitious approach to our corporate social responsibility and to how we as a company can help to create a more sustainable and greener world.
We have chosen the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals as the basis for our CSR and sustainability policies.
Good health and well-being
At HB Products, employee satisfaction is crucial for our success as a company. We are convinced that we can only achieve our corporate goals with satisfied and committed employees. We are therefore working actively towards reducing workplace dissatisfaction and towards creating a healthy and positive culture with a good and close camaraderie.
- We offer a lunch scheme focusing on a healthy diet.
- We offer an employee-paid lunch break where there is time to associate across the departments.
- We offer a health scheme, with opportunities for individual consultations and treatments.
- We support health-promoting activities such as taking walks, running and cycling.
- We have a smoking policy, whereby we encourage our employees not to smoke.
- We are constantly working towards minimising noise levels in both production and administration areas and have drawn up guidelines to minimise noise levels in open office environments.
- We are in the process of a major expansion and wish to create more space, fresh air and light in office as well as production premises.
- We have employee representatives who are trained in safety procedures and work actively towards building a culture where employees and managers put a stop to unsafe work and find new and better solutions.
- All managers and employees take an active approach to how we can always work with the least possible risk to our employees’ safety.
Affordable and clean energy
We are a development-oriented company, that continually works with the development and design of new products, which can optimise and reduce energy consumption in the refrigeration and heat pump industry.
- We support natural refrigerants and develop products that are specially designed for refrigerants such as CO2 and ammonia (NH3).
- We want to assist in controlling and optimising heat pumps, which we see as a green and climate-friendly heating solution.
Decent work and economic growth
We secure a healthy, safe working environment for our employees, including making targeted efforts towards increasing safety and preventing work-related accidents.
- We want a diverse workplace with employees and managers from many different backgrounds, skill levels and living conditions: not only in terms of gender, age and descent, but just as much relation to education, experience and personality.
- Employees at HB Products are ensured decent salary and working conditions in accordance with applicable laws in this area.
- All employees and managers are invited to an annual performance appraisal interview, where a personal action plan is prepared for the coming period.
- To maintain a high level of orientation in relation to employees, we hold regular department and personnel meetings.
- We place demands on our suppliers and expect them to comply with international standards for human rights and employee rights, as described in our "Code of Conduct".
Responsible consumption and production
At HB Products we are dedicated towards constantly finding new initiatives that can help to reduce environmental impact in the manufacture of our products. We therefore strive towards limiting the amount of waste and reducing CO2 emissions as much as possible in connection with the manufacture of our products.
- We are committed to a goal of 95% of all waste in the company being sorted for the purpose of recycling and are in the process of establishing better waste sorting systems at our sites.
- Our accounts and other paperwork containing sensitive personal information are no longer sent for incineration but rather shredded, after which we make sure they are recycled.
- We reuse paper and packaging in our deliveries and work actively towards constantly finding better and more environmentally-friendly solutions.
- We turn off computers and lights in all parts of the building when we leave the workplace.
- We minimise food waste by offering our employees the chance to take leftovers home with them. The excess food is then collected and used as animal feed.
- We are in the process of expanding our office premises and production buildings and are working at increasing the level of insulation and thereby reducing heating energy consumption.
- We design our sensors, so it is easy to remove the electrical components from our products and so a minimal amount needs disposing of as electronic waste.
- We limit the content of chemicals and hazardous substances in both our electrical equipment and our products.
- We use raw ingredients, water and energy efficiently to reduce our impact on the environment.
At HB Products, we don't just want to make a difference in relation to the massive environmental and climate challenges, we face as a society: we WILL make a difference, which is why we are dedicated to developing and manufacturing advanced sensors, which can help to reduce CO2 emissions in the refrigeration and heat pump industry.
- We offer quality products for energy optimisation, which also contribute towards reducing climate impact.
- We develop and design our products so their environmental impact in manufacture, use and not least disposal are minimised.
- We make rigorous quality checks and produce our sensors in sturdy, high-quality materials, which enable them to endure extreme temperatures and the effects of refrigerants, for example. By purchasing quality products, you reduce the environmental burden of frequent replacements.
- We train and inform our employees on environmental questions and encourage everyone to come up with new initiatives that can improve our ecological footprint.
- We work towards preventing accidents and exposure to hazardous chemicals.